Saturday, June 14, 2008

When we were young...





Nate and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary this week--if you call celebrating sitting in the same room while one person prepared for arbitration and one person prepared a Young Women's workshop. I know, we're hopeless romantics...
In high school, if I had to pick who I was going to marry, well, it wasn't Nate. And, Nate would say the same thing about me. (As Nate reads this, I think he would add--"But, Emily, I totally could have made out with you if I put my mind to it.")

I love him, even when I yell at him or when he's right and I'm wrong.

9 comments:

Nate said...

I totally could have made out with her. It just makes her mad because she knows its true.

I am so hot! errr was so hot. Now I just work too much.

Nate said...

Happy anniversary!

Who would have thought that anyone could put up with me for 9 years. You must really have been desperate.

Jessica Steed said...

Congratulations, you two!
(Mark would say the same things to me, I was desperate, and if I'd known him, I would have made out with him)
So, Emily, do you think you would have made out with Nate in HS if he would have made his move?
The first picture, was that your engagement photo? You guys are cute and so young.
We missed you guys on Saturday. (wait, was that your anniversary?) Meghan killed us at card games.
We'll have to plan something for the 4th of July.
Happy Anniversary!

SLP said...

:) Taylor also thinks that I proposed to him... Delusions of grandure!
We love you both!
S,T & t

Tim and Jennifer said...

Haha!! Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! That is one awesome accomplishment!

tom_clyde said...

Look at how skinny he is!

sara said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are a good couple.

Hillery said...

Glad to hear there are other functional couples in the world who celebrate their anniversaries with the same amount of flair and pizzazz that we do.