Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I woke up this morning and what did I see?

Luke just as naked as he could be (sung to the tune of "Popcorn Popping"--one of Luke's favorite songs)--maybe he got the idea from Little J!

Luke has had a busy week this week.

He called 911 at 7:30 am on Tuesday. I was (ahem) in my garments making Asher's lunch for school when the doorbell rang. I tried to sneak past my front door and bolt for my bedroom and robe, having no idea who was at the door.

After I bolted past, the doorbell rang repeatedly, and whoever was at the door started banging. Scared me to death...

I got on my robe and answered the door to a male and a female police officer, who told me about the 911 hang-up received a few minutes earlier. They were very nice when I apologized and squeaked out (I lost my voice for a few days) that my 1 year old has a habit of making phone calls.

On Sunday, Luke and I were in the foyer at Church, when Luke ran into the bishop's office. I saw Luke gleefully shut the door. I wasn't too worried until I walked to the door and found it locked. Again, scared me to death...

Hoping Nate had keys to the bishop's office, I motioned him out of sacrament meeting to help. (Note: executive secretaries do not have keys to the bishop's office).

Luckily, the wife of the 1st counselor (and my Visiting Teacher) motioned her husband down from the stand. Poor Matt thought someone was bleeding or dead.

Matt had Luke out in a flash, and Luke couldn't figure out why he had 4 adults all looking at him when he came out.

6 comments:

Jessica Steed said...

Em, was naked Luke out of his crib by himself, or just naked by himself?
That's scary about having the cops at your house and getting Luke locked in the Bishop's office. Of course, getting locked in our Bishop's office would be my boys' dream, because he has a huge bowl of candy that he hands out to the kids after church each week.
I'm sure I'd find them surrounded by wrappers and covered in sticky on the floor.
Wow, good luck keeping up with him!

Unknown said...

Let's just say I was laughing the whole time I was reading that post :)
Our children, find the best ways to embarrass us, don't they?
You need to remind your Bishop to shut his door :) hahahaha

SLP said...

Seriously, I am LOL at these posts on Luke - what a handful. He must take after Nate :)

EmilyCC said...

Thankfully, Luke was just naked by himself--heaven help me if he figures out how to get out of his crib!

Unknown said...

OK, Luke takes the cake. A good reminder not to let N play with the phone (which I do all too often to buy a few more minutes in the morning).

Tim and Jennifer said...

Hilarious! The banging would have scared me too