Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why I Love Arizona (even when it's 110+ degrees)

I've been waiting for the weather to get really hot to start my series that reminds me why I like living in Arizona during these months when I hate living in Arizona. But, really, I can't complain because June 2009 had the nicest weather since 1913. 1913!

And, I've been meaning to write this post since I first moved back to AZ a few years ago.

I love Arizona and the Middle Eastern Bakery and Deli. They make the BEST baklava (how great is it to have a place that makes great baklava? I like to tackle culinary challenges and this is one that I know I'd never have the patience for), their own pita bread fresh every day, their tahini is always fresh (have you ever had rancid tahini? It tastes like oily dust), and their spices cheap (and fresh). They make an effort to know me and my kids, and they walk me and the kids to my car to help me carry my one bag and the two year old who would love to run out onto 16th Street.

Someday when my kids are in school, I'm going to have lunch there.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

When that day comes invite me! You know Corey will never go there!

laurie said...

ohhh...baklava is my favorite!!!! yum.