Saturday, May 30, 2009

Teachers' Gifts, Recession-style

This year took more thought than usual to give Asher's teachers a thank-you gift (going to Target and spending $20 on a gift card for a classroom--I miss those days!). But, with 10 (yes, 10!) people involved daily with Asher's schooling, we had to get creative.


So, we made bread because we have lots of flour and yeast in our food storage, and who doesn't like homemade bread? Asher and I wrote up thank-you notes to his teacher, bus drivers, therapists, and aides. Asher colored the signs, and I took a picture of him holding each sign, so the adults would have something to remember him by. (I'm still sad that I don't have pictures of most of the kids I've taught, so I thought this would be a fun gift.)

I suppose a $20 gift card would be better with the upcoming cuts to education, but it's the thought that counts, right?

No comments: