Sunday, March 8, 2009

Scenes from a Marriage: Snoring

(a common conversation from 1999-2000 at night, in bed)

Nate snores--it kind of sounds like an airplane landing in the bedroom

Emily: Nate, roll over you're snoring.

Nate: Hmph (usually followed by a body movement that looks like he's thinking about rolling over, but can't quite get the momentum)
Nate continues to snore...

Emily: Nate, you're still snoring. Roll over.

Nate: HMPH (you guessed it, he still hasn't rolled over all the way)
Nate continues to snore...

Emily: NATE, roll over. You're STILL snoring!

Nate: HOW CAN I BE SNORING?! I'M NOT EVEN ASLEEP BECAUSE YOU. KEEP. TALKING. TO. ME!

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

oh my goodness!! Thanks for the laughs. I read this to Dan because it was our EXACT conversation last night. He thought it was so funny because he remembers thinking I was telling him to stop snoring constantly and he knew he couldn't even be asleep!! haha! Let me know when you find a solution!

Mike and Bianca said...

LOL! That's so funny!