Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Trip to Utah

So, we took a whirlwind trip to Utah this weekend to spend some time with my grandparents. There are always so many things to do, people to see in Utah that I always feel torn. So, since this trip was so short and 75% of us were sick with colds, we decided to limit ourselves to just see Clyde family. But, come May, Utah friends and family, expect an email...


Since I recently posted a picture of most of my lovely Peterson cousins, I thought I needed to also show most of the Clydes. My cousins rock (um, a few of you still need to jump on the blogging bandwagon)! And, I wanted to say a few words about all my cousins.

I'm always bugging my cousins to get together, and they graciously oblige. I love that on both sides of my family I'm related to all these great people--they do interesting things (a dancer, a business person, a lawyer, 2 dentists, etc. Then, you should hear about the college majors--so neat!). Anyway, they're this great combination of being my friends who also happen to share my quirky traits (a love of the Simpsons, a fastidiousness about cleaning the house) while knowing just how crazy the family tree really is (crazy in a completely lovable, quirky way, of course).

Here are the boys enjoying breakfast at my grandparents' bar. Some of my fondest childhood memories happened on that same bar.







I got LOTS of good stories from my grandma about her 2 grandmothers. I can't wait to get them in print format. And, my kids loved Granda and Grandpa. Asher would lead both by the hand all over the house, and Luke would lean in for a snuggle every once in a while.

We also got to spend time with Dave and Jessica. Asher just loves those two, and Luke was warming up to them by the end of the weekend.

Thanks to Granda, Grandpa, Dave and Jessica, in particular, for helping us SO much on the trip!

1 comment:

jaredandmatisse said...

Hmmm. Yes, I am insanely jealous! I wish I could have been there, too! I looks like you had the most stupendous time. I also think Luke would have had a better time if I had been there! I love you too, Em.